Starting your own company or business is a huge step that any individual or group of people can take. The most important part of this big step is your mindset going into it. Nothing should come between you and the success of your business. Small actions done everyday can aid your efforts in the long run.
Let's talk about the main points:
- Passion – Investing a large amount of time, money, and resources into something you are not even remotely interested in, is probably not a wise move. It might be lucrative and get you the revenue you desire but you might feel “empty” and “unfulfilled” because you are not passionate about it. On the other hand pursuing a business venture that you are passionate about keeps you motivated, fulfilled, and when people see how passionate you are about your chosen product or service, they can't help but be astonished at the work you do.
- Sell Your Ideas – Did you know that a lot of people who are just starting out get so hung up on their branding and making sure everything is set up perfectly prior to launching their product. Do you know what they're missing? They did not generate the interest of their target market prior to production and their set launch date.
With lots of opportunities to share your ideas and have crowd funding campaigns online like webinars, kickstarter and social media to name a few, you can in essence prepare your target market, position yourself and your business strategically and set yourself up for success to boost your business venture forward.
- Build Your Brand – Want to know a secret? The branding part of your business happens over time. As soon as you start offering your specific product or service to your target market, you get a better sense of the direction your business is going and how you can steer it in the direction you want it to go. You also get a better sense of what your existing clients want to see moving forward based on the positive and negative feedback you get from them.
- Have a Clear Plan and Market Strategy – Write up your business plan. Don't pressure yourself and get stuck like a lot of people because you feel you are not qualified to make one. Keep it simple, it does not need to be “perfect” it just needs to be put in writing so you can follow it like a guideline to reach your business goals. It also helps if you establish your Mission Statement that represents the core values of your business.
As you move forward you will find your niche and optimize your offerings (products and services) to cater to your niche's specific needs or preferences. Take things one step of a time, don't bite off more that you can chew.
Things to keep in mind during your journey :
- Be upfront and transparent
- Promote integrity and honesty
- Be willing to make mistakes
- Learn from the mistakes you make as well as mistakes other people make
- Listen to your customers – treat them like family
- Have an open mind
Do you have other